Mandate & Vision
To increase throughout Canada and the world, interest in and a critical understanding of the Cold War, by preserving the Diefenbunker as a national historic site, and operating a Cold War museum.
By showcasing Canada’s preparedness to secure the seat of government during the Cold War, the Diefenbunker creates this country’s most unique learning environment for present and future generations to better understand a critical period in world history.
The shared values of the Diefenbunker are the fundamental foundation for all that it preserves, collects, presents and interprets.
- Our status as a national historic site
- The fact that history happened here
- Ensuring the preservation and conservation of the artifact, for history and for public safety
- Our relevance to the community of Carp and beyond
- Helping various communities understand an important part of Canada’s recent history
- Learning from the interaction of the past, the present and into the future
- Providing opportunities to contribute and collaborate with our communities
Audited Financial Statements
Financial Statements 2021
Financial Statements 2020
Financial Statements 2019
Financial Statements 2018
Financial Statements 2017
Financial Statements 2016
Financial Statements 2015
Financial Statements 2014