The Museum will be temporarily closed to the public as of April 3.
Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum is open!
We strongly suggest purchasing your tickets online before coming to the museum. The museum is not currently accepting cash payments.
Please visit our We’re Ready for You page of our website to learn more about our safety measures and updates.
Also, please note that it is pretty chilly in certain parts of the bunker. Please bring a sweater.
NEW! Reduced Hours
For the best experience, give yourself at least one hour to explore the Diefenbunker.
Friday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday-Sunday: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Your admission ticket is valid for a two-hour block.
We suggest at least 1 hour to explore the museum. Please plan accordingly and arrive during your specified time.
Time slots are:
Note: There still may be wait times.
Thanks for your patience as we try to make this the best experience for you!
*The Admissions desk closes 30 minutes before the museum closes, tickets cannot be purchased during this time.
*Dates and hours are subject to change based on the recommendations from public health officials.
Special Hours and Closures
Closed on holidays
Download our New Audio Guide
You can download our new audio guide to your device before you visit the museum.
CLOSED until further notice
11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. daily
1:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Space is limited, reservations are strongly recommended.
Book your tickets here
Please note the museum is mostly accessible.
The elevator is available for use for people with limited mobility.
Our elevator is not available for strollers. The best way to get around underground is with a baby carrier.
Diefenbunker, Canada’s Cold War Museum
3929 Carp Road
Ottawa (Carp), Ontario, Canada K0A 1L0
Please use caution when walking in the parking lot and walk ways when snow is present. Surfaces can become slippery when wet.
The Diefenbunker offers:
- Free on-site parking with designated spaces for school and tour buses
- Designated accessible parking spaces are also located near the main entrance
From Downtown Ottawa
- Take Highway 417 West to the Carp Road Exit, number 144
- Turn right (North) onto Carp Road
- Drive 8 to 10 minutes to the Village of Carp
- Continue straight through the village (through the four way stop) and past the Carp Fairgrounds until the village appears to come to an end. On the left (West) side of the road you will see a large billboard sign for the Diefenbunker
- Turn left at this sign and continue the driveway to find parking.
For more information, please call 613‑839‑0007 or 1‑800‑409‑1965.