Our blast doors are reopening on February 2, 2022!
We look forward to safely welcoming you back underground!
In accordance with the Government of Ontario guidelines, the Diefenbunker will reopen on Wednesday, February 2, 2022, operating at 50% capacity. We strongly recommend buying your tickets online in advance of your visit to the museum to ensure there are still spots available.
The safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers is our top priority — find out how we’re keeping you safe.
When you’re ready, we’re ready for you. We thank you for your patience and continued support.
We are pleased to welcome you underground!
As of February 2, 2022, the museum is operating at 50% capacity. We strongly recommend buying your tickets online in advance of your visit to the museum to ensure there are still spots available.
Also, please note that it is pretty chilly in certain parts of the bunker. Please bring a sweater.
Wednesday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Note: For the best experience, we suggest at least one hour to explore the Diefenbunker.
*The Admissions desk closes 30 minutes before the museum closes. Tickets cannot be purchased after this time.
*Dates and hours are subject to change based on the recommendations from public health officials. Thanks for your patience as we try to make this the best experience for you!
If you are looking to book using any of the passes, memberships, or special rates listed below, please contact our team by phone at 613-839-0007 or by email at email@example.com to complete your booking.
Special Hours & Closures
Closed on statutory holidays
January 5 – 31, 2022: The museum is temporarily closed in accordance with Government of Ontario guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Daily Guided Tours
Weekdays: 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 1:00 p.m.
Space is limited. Reservations are strongly recommended.
We recommend arriving 5 – 10 minutes before the start of your guided tour.
Book your tickets here.
Download our *new* Audio Guide
You can download our new Audio Guide to your device before you visit the museum, or access it online via the museum’s free public Wi-Fi.
The museum is mostly accessible.
The elevator is available for use for people with limited mobility.
Our elevator is not available for strollers. The best way to get around underground is with a baby carrier.
Find out more about accessibility at the Diefenbunker.
Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum
3929 chemin Carp Road, Ottawa, Ontario K0A 1L0
Please use caution when walking in the parking lot and walk ways when snow is present. Surfaces can become slippery when wet.
The Diefenbunker offers:
- Free on-site parking
- Designated spaces for school and tour buses
- Designated accessible parking spaces located near the main entrance
Directions from downtown Ottawa
- Take Highway 417 West to the Carp Road Exit, number 144
- Turn right (North) onto Carp Road
- Drive 8 to 10 minutes to the Village of Carp
- Continue straight through the Village (through the four-way stop) and past the Carp Fairgrounds until the village appears to come to an end
- On the left (West) side of the road you will see a large billboard sign for the Diefenbunker
- Turn left at this sign and continue down the driveway to find parking on your left
- The entrance to the Diefenbunker is through the gates
Public Transportation (Wednesdays only*)
*Please note that the 303 bus to the Village of Carp only operates on Wednesdays
- Take the 303 from Bayshore Station to Juanita/Snelgrove (41 stops)
- OR Take the 61 bus from Tunney’s Pasture to Hazeldean/Springbrook (36 stops), then take the 303 bus from Hazeldean/Springbrook to Juanita/Snelgrove (10 stops)
- OR Take the 74/75 bus from Tunney’s Pasture to Lincoln Fields (3 stops), then take the 303 bus from Lincoln Fields to Juanita/Snelgrove (43 stops)
- From the Juanita/Snelgrove stop, walk 750 m north along Carp Road (please use caution along this main road)
- Turn left at the large billboard sign for the Diefenbunker and continue down the driveway through the gates