Admission, Hours, Directions
Monday to Friday*
Museum: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Box Office: 10:30 am – 3:30 pm
*Closed Wednesdays until Victoria Day
Saturday and Sunday
Museum: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Box Office: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Note: Give yourself at least an hour to experience the Diefenbunker.
The box office closes half an hour before the museum.
Special Hours and Closures
Statutory Holidays: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
January 1: CLOSED
First weekend in June/Doors Open: Guided tours by reservation only.
July 1: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
December 24: CLOSED
December 25: CLOSED
December 26: CLOSED
December 31: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Diefenbunker, Canada’s Cold War Museum
3929 Carp Road
Carp, Ontario, Canada K0A 1L0
The Diefenbunker offers:
- Free on-site parking with designated spaces for school and tour buses
- Designated accessible parking spaces are also located near the main entrance
From Downtown Ottawa
- Take Highway 417 West to the Carp Road Exit, number 144
- Turn right (North) onto Carp Road
- Drive 8 to 10 minutes to the Village of Carp
- Continue straight through the village (through the four way stop) and past the Carp Fairgrounds until the village appears to come to an end. On the left (West) side of the road you will see a large billboard sign for the Diefenbunker
- Turn left at this sign and continue the driveway to find parking.
For more information, please call 613‑839‑0007 or 1‑800‑409‑1965.