Admission, Hours, Directions
Please note the museum is mostly accessible. The best way to get around underground is with a baby carrier. The government wasn’t thinking about navigating around in a stroller when they built the bunker back in the early 60s. Our elevator is not available for strollers.
For the best experience, give yourself at least one hour to explore the Diefenbunker.
Monday to Friday
10:30 am – 4:00 pm*
Saturday and Sunday
10:00 am – 4:30 pm*
*The Admissions desk closes 30 minutes before the museum closes, tickets cannot be purchased during this time.
Special Hours and Exceptions
Statutory Holidays: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
January, February, March: Closed on Wednesdays
First weekend in June/Doors Open: Guided tours by reservation only.
July 1: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
September 28 & 29: 10:00 am – 3:30 pm – Dief the Chief
October 10: CLOSED – Private Event
October 19, 20, 26, 27: CLOSED – Incident at the Bunker
December 7: CLOSED – Private Event
December 24 & 25: CLOSED
December 31: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
All hours are subject to change.
Diefenbunker, Canada’s Cold War Museum
3929 Carp Road
Carp, Ontario, Canada K0A 1L0
The Diefenbunker offers:
- Free on-site parking with designated spaces for school and tour buses
- Designated accessible parking spaces are also located near the main entrance
From Downtown Ottawa
- Take Highway 417 West to the Carp Road Exit, number 144
- Turn right (North) onto Carp Road
- Drive 8 to 10 minutes to the Village of Carp
- Continue straight through the village (through the four way stop) and past the Carp Fairgrounds until the village appears to come to an end. On the left (West) side of the road you will see a large billboard sign for the Diefenbunker
- Turn left at this sign and continue the driveway to find parking.
For more information, please call 613‑839‑0007 or 1‑800‑409‑1965.